What is auto account creation?
Auto Account Creation allows you to create a new account using a lead’s information if there is no matched account for a lead. You can access this feature under Routing > Rules > Lead > Auto Account Creation. When enabled, the lead can automatically be converted into the newly created account. Information from the lead will be used to populate the new account using the mapping you configure on the Auto Account Creation page.
How do I set up Auto Account Creation for my leads?
To set up Auto Account Creation, open the feature by selecting Routing > Rules > Lead > Auto Account Creation
1. Select the Salesforce duplicate rule that finds related leads. Related leads belong to the same company, but have no matched account to tie them together. This step is required to ensure that if multiple leads from the same company become eligible for automatic account creation at the same time, only one account will be created for all of them. If you do not yet have such a rule, you will need to create it in Salesforce Duplicate Rules.
- See How do I create a related leads rule for more information.
2. Select whether you would like All Leads on Creation to create an account any time a lead does not have a matched account, or Define Conditions to only create accounts for the leads which meet your business criteria. You can add as many conditions as needed and select the logic between multiple conditions. For conditions which use in list and not in list, multiple values separated by commas can be entered.
3. Map fields from the lead to the new account to populate it with data from the lead. All lead to account mapping configured in Salesforce Map Lead Fields will be respected, but the field mapping set on the Lane Four page will take precedence for accounts automatically created by Lane Four. It is also possible to set a desired value for an account field, not based on lead data.
4. Enable Auto Account Creation with the toggle on the top right of the screen.
How do I create a Related Leads Rule?
To create Related Lead Rules, open the feature by selecting Matching > Matching Rules in the left hand sidebar.
1. Select “Go to Salesforce Duplicate Rules” to access your Salesforce duplicate rules.
2. To create a duplicate rule, you must have a matching rule to tell the system which fields on your records you will like to compare. Select “Matching Rules” located under Duplicate Management from the left Setup sidebar.
3. Select “New Rule”.
4. Select the object that the rule will look at. For related leads you will want to choose “Lead”. Give your rule a name that will make it easy for you to find later such as Lead Domain Match.
4. Select Lead Domain from the field dropdown and keep the matching method to exact, and select save.
6. Activate your new matching rule so that it can be used in a duplicate rule by selecting “Activate”.
Now that you have your matching rule, you can create the related lead duplicate rule.
1. Select “Duplicate Rules” located under Duplicate Management from the left Setup sidebar.
2. Under New Rule, select Lead from the object dropdown. Give your rule a name that will help you reference it later such as Related Leads.
3. You may choose to bypass sharing rules
4. Select allow both action on create and edit and report options only, deselect alert.
5. Under Matching Rules, select the matching rule that you just created. Your mapping should automatically be created.
6. Add a filter condition, select Lead: Free Mail Domain from the field dropdown, Equals from the operator dropdown, and set the value as False. Select save.
7. Activate your related lead rule by selecting “Activate”.
Within the Lane Four app you can mark the related lead rule with a checkbox under the newly created rule. Select “Related Leads” from the rule type dropdown. This indicates which section these results should appear in, in the Lane Four Match View component on your lead and account records.
Why are accounts not being automatically created?
If accounts are not being automatically created when you expected them to, try these troubleshooting steps.
1. Do you have Auto Account Creation enabled? If not the toggle on the top right of the screen will be grey and display as “Auto Account Creation Disabled”. Select to toggle it on and it will switch to green and display as “Auto Account Creation Enabled”.
2. Double check your auto account creation entry conditions and the condition logic. Are you sure that this lead meets the conditions? If not, you can modify the conditions to capture the scenario you want.
3. Are you sure that Lane Four is finished running all the relevant processes? You can check the Audit Report accessible from Lane Four Match View component placed on the lead page. Here, you can see a list of processes and their status: Pending, In Progress or Failed. If there were any errors in processing, an error message will appear, select “Retry” if you believe the error should be resolved.
4. Is the matched account field populated on the lead? If it is, Lane Four will not create another account because this lead was already matched with one.
Still not sure? Contact us and we will be happy to help.
Help, an account was automatically created even though I didn’t want it to.
If an account was accidentally created, follow these steps to delete the account:
1. Open the account you wish to delete. You can select the account by using the search bar in the header and selecting “Account” from the dropdown.
2. Select Delete in the top right corner.
3. Confirm if you would like to delete the account or cancel.
Follow these steps to make sure accounts are only created when you want them to be.
1. Do you have conditions defined for Auto Account Creation? If you have “All Leads on Creation” selected, you can change this to “Define Conditions” and specify which leads with no matched account should be used to create new accounts. If you do have conditions defined, did your lead meet the conditions for account creation? You may need to modify the conditions to exclude a scenario that you do not want.
2. Do you have Auto Account Creation enabled? If it is enabled, indicated by the checked green toggle on the top right, any leads that meet the configuration will be used to create new accounts. You can turn off this function by selecting the toggle.
3. Was the field “Auto Create Account” checked on the lead? This field can be used to initiate account creation bypassing the setup on the Auto Account Creation setup screen. This is used by customers who want to initiate account creation as part of a custom Salesforce process or flow, or those who are looking to manually create a batch of accounts from a list of leads.