When a lead matches an account, new or existing leads can be converted. These leads can be converted in the lane four routing flow, or via a scheduled process, or both.
1. Continuous conversion
This feature allows the real-time conversion of leads and needs to be enabled. Go to the Lane Four tab and find Auto Convert
Indicate the Lead Status for all leads which will be converted:
1. The status must be a “converted” status and the lead will have its lead status updated to this value on conversion.
2. If the lead is already in a converted status, it will retain its current value.
3. Check the continuous conversion checkbox, then click Save.
When the lead field Lane Four Auto Convert is checked, this will convert the lead
Note: most Lane Four customers check this box via the Lane Four visual routing flow.
2. One-Time and Mass Conversion
The Lane Four Onboarding will have created a field on the lead called “Lane Four Auto Convert Filter” when this field returns a TRUE value, it will indicate the lead is eligible for auto conversion.
This field will allow you to configure custom logic to determine the specific leads to convert.
For example a formula like: TEXT(LFBN__Duplicate_Account__r.Type) = “Target” will enable you to convert all leads which match accounts with a type of target
When ready, you can enable the auto convert function using the similar steps listed above:
- Navigate to the Lane Four tab and find Auto Convert Lead
- Indicate the Lead Status for all leads which will be converted, note: 1. the status must be a “converted” status and the lead will have its lead status updated to this value on conversion. 2. If the lead is already in a converted status, it will retain its current value.
- Check the continuous conversion checkbox and click and ensure the Convert Lead Status Criteria = “Lane Four Auto Convert Filter”. The click Save.
Finally when done, you just need to click the Auto Convert Batch button
The status of the converted lead batch can be seen in the setup menu by going to Setup → Apex Jobs
The ongoing conversion can then be scheduled:
- Go to the Lane Four tab, and select the gear icon
- Find the job named “Matched Account and Auto Lead Convert”
- You can schedule the job daily or Hourly.