- Lane Four has converted the Match View into a Lightning component, which is available for use for leads, contacts and accounts.
- The Lightning look and feel has been applied to the classic layout, this ensures consistency with the system.
Apex match methods:
- All Lane Four functions are now using Apex match methods, this greatly improves the stability and performance of various one-time jobs.
Defining a dedicated Lane Four user:
- Historically a dedicated user has been managed through the running of a job called “self schedule” as the desired user. To manage some of the limitations of this, a new method has been deployed using a connected application.
- To enable this feature, go to the Lane Four tab, click the gear, and click “Change Lane Four User”.
Self schedule job:
- When the self schedule is running, the transaction batch processing isn’t called directly. Removing a situation where the running user of code was not the defined user.
Lead Task Status:
- Rollup now uses transactional architecture, this resolves an issue where updates in a batch were failing due to row lock errors.
Transaction record creation:
- Reduced the frequency of transaction record creation when account fields change. Specifically when:
- Transactions for leads where a round robin assignment failed due to missing credits in a round robin
- Transactions are more selectively created from account updates
SLA security check:
- Resolved an issue where some users could not update SLA records.